Sunday, January 8, 2012

And so it begins...

Ever since I returned home in December from my semester abroad in China, I've essentially been on a baking binge.  It happens when you don't have access to a kitchen for 3 months in a foreign country, deprived of your one source of comfort: baking.  But any who, this baking binge has produced some pretty delicious results, if I must say so myself.  And since I've started posting pictures of just about everything I've been making on my Facebook, I've gotten quite a bit of positive feedback from my friends and acquaintances, many encouraging me to start a recipe blog of my own. 

And so begins my very first food blog, Suan Tian Ku La (酸甜苦辣), which in Chinese, literally translates to "sour, sweet, bitter, spicy." But figuratively, it also means "the joys and sorrows of life."  My intention is for this blog to be more than just about food; I'm hoping to also share tidbits and updates about myself and my life with everyone who cares to read this.  That said, I thought the name perfectly sums up exactly what I want to do with my blog venture.  (And it also doesn't sound like every other baking/cooking blog).

You'll soon notice that most of what I make are baked goods and breakfast/brunch stuff, since that's my specialty.  But I've also been doing more and more cooking lately, so occasionally, I'll feature some savory lunch/dinner recipes.  I also like to dabble and experiment, so you'll probably see a lot of different kinds of cuisines, cooking methods, and special ingredients. 

So with that, I hope you'll join me on my baked explorations and my attempt to actually keep up a blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment